NEC REPUBLIC OF KOREA NATIONAL ELECTION COMMISSION

Serach

News & Notice

HOME News News & Notice

Press Releases
First Annual Internet Election News Award Ceremony and Seminar Held

Date :08/04/2016Read : 373

The Internet Election News Deliberation Commission (IENDC) hosted the First Annual Internet Election News Award Ceremony at the Korea Press Center. 

This event, hosted in collaboration with the corporate body of the Korean Society for Journalism and Communication Studies, was attended by around 80 people, including officials from the IENDC, the media and academics. The IENDC Chairperson Jeong In-jin and the Korean Society for Journalism and Communication Studies President Cho Sung K opened the ceremony. 

In his congratulatory message at the ceremony, Vice Chairperson of the National Election Commission (NEC) of the Republic of Korea Moon remarked that “I hope this event will be continued and become a valuable instrument in creating a clean election culture on the Internet.” 

In the First Annual Internet Election News Awards, in the national, regional and independent prizes were the Weekly Dong-A series 20th National Assembly Elections Special: How to Deal with Election Surveys, the Main Culprit for Distorting the Will of the People, the Ok I News series The Disappearance of Politics, the Absence of Political Parties, and the Oh My News series The Unlocked Seal of Political Funds of the 19th National Assembly Elections respectively. 

During the second part of the ceremony, the Seminar for the Evaluation and Development of Internet Election News was held aimed at assessing and improving the fairness of Internet election reporting.

The IENCD, which addresses the problems of reckless Internet reporting, hopes that the seminar will be part of various efforts to ensure that the Internet is the foundation of free and transparent elections. 

Press Releases
Next   KOCEI Hosts 12th Political Camp for Future Leaders
Before NEC’s ‘The Vote’ Wins Best Program of the Month Award