Serach

News & Notice

HOME News News & Notice

Press Releases
New Year's Message by the Chairperson of the NEC

Date :01/13/2015Read : 372

New Year’s Message

Fellow Koreans!

The New Year of 2015 for new hope has come upon us.

I hope all your wishes come true this year and may you and your families be filled with joy and happiness.

2014 was a meaningful year for us, in that it marked a new era in the history of Korean elections with the adoption of the Early Voting system that made voting available at any polling stations across the nation to enhance voters’ convenience.

I would like thank you for all last year’s success which is due to your affection and active participation.

The National Election Commission will continue to make the utmost effort to improve voters’ convenience.

Fellow citizens!

There are no public official elections on a nationwide scale, scheduled for this year. However, the first nationwide elections for Heads of Cooperatives will be held on March 11, integrating previously separate elections for heads of each Cooperative in agriculture, fisheries and forest.

We will strive to ensure fair, clean and cost-effective elections that the public entrusted with the National Election Commission.

Starting the second half of this year, the National Election Commission will gear up for the 20th National Assembly member elections by establishing overseas voting committees. The Commission will make no mistake in preparation for the election.

We will go through the errors seen in the past elections and seek the solutions that allow electoral processes to be more accessible to voters.

We will develop measures to guarantee the right to vote for the groups of people who have the most difficulties participating in voting such as people with disabilities and members of multicultural families.

In addition, the Commission will make the atmosphere of free and fair elections settle in from an early stage by reinforcing the activities to prevent and crack down on violations like pre-electioneering.

Respected fellow citizens!

The Commission promises that it will continuously fulfill its duties on the basis of strict neutrality and fair management.

We are well aware that these New Year’s pledges can only be implemented when engaging with the public .

We will humbly listen to people’s voices and commit ourselves to carrying out their desires.

I would like to ask for your keen interest and support once again.

I wish you a happy and healthy new year.

Thank you very much.

Press Releases
Next   Initial Joint Meeting Held to Gear up for Overseas Voting in 2016 Elections
Before Job vacancy for a native English speaker editor