NEC REPUBLIC OF KOREA NATIONAL ELECTION COMMISSION

Serach

News & Notice

HOME News News & Notice

Press Releases
Speech Contest “I Am the Voter”

Date :03/15/2013Read : 170

The National Election Commission will hold the speech contest titled “I Am the Voter” to commemorate the 1st Voters’ Day on May 10.

This event aims at promoting a sense of sovereignty and creating an atmosphere for fair elections and voting participation under the subject of “I Am the Voter”. Unlike other speech contests, participants can take part in the contest in various formats including dances, sings, plays, speeches and performances.

There are two sections in the contest, the senior section and junior section. Any voters in Korea can participate in the junior section and middle and high school students can take part in the junior section.

Those who want to participate in the event should submit a video clip (within 10 minutes) or summary through the website of the Korean Civic Education Institute for Democracy by April 22.

The total cash prize of the contest is 24.5 million KRW and the winners will receive the prize money and the award from the Chairperson of the NEC. The semifinalists of the senior section and those with excellent works (who failed to make the cut to the semifinals) will be appointed as a visiting professor or get an opportunity to give a lecture in the education and training programs of the Korean Civic Education Institute for Democracy

The finalists will compete at the COEX Conference room on May 6 after getting through the preliminaries and semifinals. You can find more details on the website of the Korean Civic Education Institute for Democracy.

Press Releases
Next   Paper Contest for the 1st National Voters’ Day
Before Election Training Programs for Election Officials from Abroad