NEC REPUBLIC OF KOREA NATIONAL ELECTION COMMISSION

Serach

News & Notice

HOME News News & Notice

Press Releases
An Event 『I am a voter in Korea』 to Be Held

Date :03/15/2013Read : 201

The National Election Commission is scheduled to hold an event I am a voter in Korea at the Culture Square in front of the Namsan National Theater on March 18(Sun) from 10:30 to 11:50.

The purpose of the event is to encourage voters to participate in the 19th National Assembly Elections, enhance their awareness of sovereignty and promote a “Speech Contest”. The “Speech Contest” will be held for the first time in commemoration of “Voters Day (May 10)” newly established by the Public Official Election Act.

The event I am a voter in Korea consists of a variety of programs. These programs include concerts and dances to be performed by indie bands, “Fair Election Quiz Contest”, “Triplet-Poem-Making Contest” using words such as election participation, fair election, voter, etc, “I Will Also Have a Say” and “Fair Election Singing Contest”. The theme of “I Will Also Have a Say” will cover voters’ awareness of sovereignty and future voters’ hopes and dreams. Anyone with an interest can join the event.

For more information on the “Speech Contest” to be held in celebration of the 1st “Voters Day”, please refer to http://www.civicedu.go.kr/.

Press Releases
Next   The Chairpersons’ Meeting of Si/Do Election Commissions for Fair Management of Elections
Before The NEC to Issue Recommendation Forms to Independent Candidates