NEC REPUBLIC OF KOREA NATIONAL ELECTION COMMISSION

Serach

Press Releases

HOME News Press Releases

Press Releases
NEC Chairperson Noh Jeong-hee Gives a New Year’s Address

Date :01/05/2021Read : 59

= Provide an exemplary model and ensure the safe management of the April 7 re and by-elections, in which 12 million people will participate nationwide =
= Thoroughly prepare for the 20th presidential election and the 8th nationwide simultaneous local elections to be held in 2022 =
   = Improve and develop the law-based election system to guarantee the political freedom and basic rights =
  = Enhance the transparency of the election process and guarantee the right to vote for the underprivileged =

The Chairperson of the National Election Commission Noh Jeong-hee delivered a New Year’s message to citizens by video. An extract from her speech is found below:

My fellow citizens!

During this New Year, I sincerely hope that we can all find strength, recover and wisely overcome the COVID-19 crisis.

The National Election Commission will make every effort to ensure that the re and by-elections to be held on April 7 that 12 million voters nationwide will participate in, including by-elections for the positions of Mayor of Seoul and Mayor of Busan, will be an exemplary model and will be held safely.

In addition, the NEC will thoroughly prepare for the 20th presidential election and the 8th nationwide simultaneous local elections to be held in 2022 by focusing all of the NEC’s capabilities.

The NEC will endeavor to improve and develop the law-based election system so that the political freedoms and basic rights of the people can be guaranteed as much as possible.

The NEC will contribute to the development of democracy and social integration by strengthening the transparency of the election process and guaranteeing the right to vote for the underprivileged.

The NEC will do its best to listen to the voices of the people and to achieve beautiful elections that brings hope for the Republic of Korea together with citizens.

I hope that you receive the strong energy of the Ox to achieve everything you wish to this year, and I hope that your home will be full of health and happiness.

Thank you.

Press Releases
Next   90 Days from the April 7 Re and By-election Presentations of Publications Related to Candidates Prohibited
Before Amendments to the Public Official Election Act and Political Fund Act Pass the National Assembly